Sometimes the best thing you can give your dad is a little more genuine INTEREST in him and the things that INTEREST him. Take a few minutes at a good moment this year to not just give your dad a gift on Father’s Day, but to discover more of the “gifts” that lie within him, in his hear and mind, just waiting to be discovered. A good question can open a conversation; but a great one can open a soul! Give it a try and when he answer – listen closely!
Use the questions you think he will like the most. Here are a few just to get you started:
- Who is going to win the World Series this year? What about the Super Bowl?
- What’s your favorite movie of all time? Want to watch it together … TODAY?
- What’s one of your favorite meals that you have not had in a long time?
- What were you like when you were 10 years old? … 16? 21? Etc.?
- Where is a place you would really like to visit one day?
- What are 3 things you’ve tried to teach me over the years that you hope I’ll NEVER forget? How am I doing, so far?
- What is your favorite memory of YOUR dad?
- Who is another father you really admire? What quality do you respect the most?
- What’s one thing you’d really like to do on Father’s Day … or ANY day?
- Do you like to look at God as your “Father”? If so, what do you appreciate the most about the way he “fathers” you?