10 Great Questions to Ask Your DAD!
Sometimes the best thing you can give your dad is a little more genuine INTEREST in him and the things that INTEREST him. Take a few minutes at a good moment this year to not just give your dad a gift on Father’s Day, but to discover more of the “gifts” that lie within him, in his hear and mind, just waiting to be discovered. A good question can open a conversation; but a great one can open a soul! Give it a try and when he answer – listen closely!
Use the questions you think he will like the most. Here are a few just to get you started:
- Who is going to win the World Series this year? What about the Super Bowl?
- What’s your favorite movie of all time? Want to watch it together … TODAY?
- What’s one of your favorite meals that you have not had in a long time?
- What were you like when you were 10 years old? … 16? 21? Etc.?
- Where is a place you would really like to visit one day?
- What are 3 things you’ve tried to teach me over the years that you hope I’ll NEVER forget? How am I doing, so far?
- What is your favorite memory of YOUR dad?
- Who is another father you really admire? What quality do you respect the most?
- What’s one thing you’d really like to do on Father’s Day … or ANY day?
- Do you like to look at God as your “Father”? If so, what do you appreciate the most about the way he “fathers” you?
How to Show Her You Care This Valentine’s Day
What are some great ways you can make your wife feel loved and special on Valentine’s Day? Continue reading “How to Show Her You Care This Valentine’s Day”
Marking Moments with Your Family
The best way to make memories is to learn how to “mark moments.” When moments are marked, memories are made. In the Old Testament, whenever something significant occurred between God and his people, he always had a way of “marking” the moment. When Abraham received a great promise from God (Gen. 12:7), he took time to build an altar as a physical reminder of a spiritual event. In other words, he “marked the moment.” He made the experience into a lasting memory. This was done so that he, his children and, one day, his children’s children would practice the Principle of Remembrance.
Christmas Family Advent Experience No. 5 – Christmas Day
A Family Night Experience from Teaming Life
with Robert & Pamela Crosby
Theme for Experience #5:
THE BABY IS BORN – Celebrating Jesus
Getting Ready for Your Family Advent Experience:
Below you will find all the information you need to prepare for THE FINAL PART of the Family Advent Experience. The structure is short and simple, but we also have provided some extra ideas so you can tailor it to your family and setting. You can use this week to connect with your family tribe and learn about one of the most dramatic moments in the Christmas story.
A Guide for Your Family Advent Experience – Step by Step: Continue reading “Christmas Family Advent Experience No. 5 – Christmas Day”